Trigger point therapy is a combination of various treatments that are created to release pressure on the knotted muscles. At Drassal Chiropractic & Sports Clinic, we have shared the benefits of trigger point therapy with residents of Shoreview, St. Paul, and Minneapolis for many years. Read on to learn more about the benefits of trigger point therapy and what we use it to treat.
Benefits Of Trigger Point Therapy
Benefits of trigger point therapy include:
- Reduced pain: Trigger point therapy is used to alleviate different types of pain. First, our chiropractic specialist will determine what is causing your pain and immobility before deciding whether or not trigger point therapy will be useful in addressing it.
- Decreased headaches: Since many trigger points are located in the neck and upper back area causing neck pain and back pain, this therapy can be effectively used for alleviating headaches.
- Better range of motion: Trigger point therapy can significantly improve your mobility.
- Better and healthier posture: This therapy has a positive impact on tight and knotted muscles that affect posture. Therapeutic massage, Pilates, and other stretching exercises will help you improve your posture further.
- Less soreness after a workout: Trigger point therapy is also actively used in sports medicine because of its positive impact on sore muscles after a heavy workout.
- Improved blood flow: Massage therapy is often used for improving the elasticity of muscles and improving blood circulation.
- Less stress and positive impact on mental health: Most people find trigger point therapy very relaxing and calming. Regular trigger point therapy will reduce your stress and anxiety.
Drassal Chiropractic & Sports Clinic in Shoreview, St. Paul, and Minneapolis
If you are suffering from muscle pain that is not going away, and you live in St. Paul or Shoreview, Minneapolis, feel free to message or call our clinic. We specialize in various types of treatment, including trigger point therapy. Our mission is to help our patients to recover, get rid of pain, and get back to a normal life. Call us today at (651) 484-4000 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.